The Omišalj Port and Terminal
The Port of Omišalj, located in the north part of the Island of Krk, in the Omišalj Bay, is ideal for crude oil receipt and discharge. Owing to its position, it is perfectly sheltered from the outbursts of strong wind and wave impact. Two tanker berths with the sea depth of 30m may accommodate even the largest tankers, without limitation. With the help of pilots and tug-boats, the entire operation of manoeuvring and berthing of even VLCCs does not take more than a couple of hours.
Each of the berths has four unloading arms for crude oil and two for oil products, with reloading capacity of 5,000m3/h each, i.e. 20,000m3 of crude oil per berth. Tankers may load and unload oil 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Used for crude oil storage at the Omišalj Terminal are as follows:
- four tanks with nominal capacity of 40,000 m3 each
- five tanks with nominal capacity of 72,000 m3 each
- six tanks with nominal capacity of 80,000 m3 each
Total capacity = 1.000.000 m3
At the Omišalj Terminal, there are also tanks for oil products, while, right next to the tanks, there is a road loading facility for oil products.
Used for oil products’ storage at the Omišalj Terminal are as follows:
- four tanks with nominal capacity of 10,000 m3 each
- one tank with nominal capacity of 15,000 m3
- one tank with nominal capacity of 5,000 m3
Total capacity = 60,000 m3