The JANAF system
The JANAF system was built as an international crude oil transportation system from the Port and Terminal of Omišalj, Island of Krk, Croatia to both local and foreign refineries in Eastern and Central Europe.
The designed capacity of the pipeline amounts to 34 million tons of oil annually (MTA), while its installed capacity is 20 MTA.
The JANAF system consists of the following:
- Crude oil handling Omišalj Terminal on the Island of Krk, with storage tank farm of 1.000.000 m3 and 60000 m3 for oil products; the accompanying pumping and metering stations and the Port of Omišalj.
- Pipeline around 622 km long comprising the following sections:
- Omišalj – Sisak
- Sisak – Virje – Gola
- Virje – Lendava
- Sisak – Slavonski Brod
- Slavonski Brod – Sotin
- Crude oil handling terminals in Sisak, Virje and Slavonski Brod, with storage tank farms (100,000m3 in Sisak and 40,000m3 in Virje), the accompanying pumping and metering stations.
- Submarine oil pipeline Omišalj-Urinj, linking the Omišalj Terminal with INA -Oil Refinery in Rijeka.
- Oil products terminal Žitnjak-Zagreb (capacity 40,000 m3).
- JANAF has a total storage capacity of 1.54 million m3 for crude and 100,000 m3 for oil products./li>