The Sisak Terminal is located in a southern industrial zone of the town of Sisak, next to the village of Crnac, on the 180th km of the Omišalj-Sisak oil pipeline route. The Sisak Terminal serves for receipt of crude oil from the direction of the Omišalj and Virje Terminals, its storage and further dispatch towards:
- INA-Oil Refinery Sisak;
- Virje Terminal and further towards Gola (Hungarian border) and Lendava (Slovenia);
- Slavonski Brod Terminal and further towards Bosanski Brod (Bosnian and Herzegovinian border) and Sotin Metering Station, and towards the refineries in Novi Sad and Pančevo (Serbia) respectively.
Sisak-Omišalj section is able to transport crude oil also in the Omišalj direction, thus providing for crude oil transportation from Hungarian-Croatian border to Omišalj. On the north-eastern side of the Sisak Terminal, the plants and facilities of INA-Oil Refinery Sisak are located.
Tank units for crude oil storage at the Sisak Terminal are as follows:
- five tanks with nominal capacity of 80,000 m3 each
- four tanks with nominal capacity of 20,000 m3 each
- two tanks with nominal capacity of 10,000 m3 each
Total capacity = 500,000 m3
The storage tanks are connected by means of handling piping to the following supply pipelines:
- Omišalj – Sisak pipeline and
- Virje – Sisak pipeline.
Owing to the capacities and systems built, the crude oil can be received into each tank, transferred through a pumping station from one tank into another, transferred through a pumping station to the storage tank farm of INA-Oil Refinery Sisak and discharged from each tank through a pumping station into one or both of the delivery pipelines (towards terminals at Slavonski Brod and Virje respectively).