Zagreb (MZOPU) – The Ministry of Environmental Protection, Physical Planning and Construction announced the reports made after the first integrated control conducted by the inspection services responsible for the environmental matters.
Recognizing the activities of the inspection services responsible for the environmental matters and their mutual coordination as key issue of an efficient environmental performance, this Ministry has initiated, with the purpose of establishing a formal framework for mutual cooperation and coordination of the inspections related to any components of the environment in application of the regulations in the field of the environmental protection, the preparation of the Agreement on Cooperation between Inspection Services, which was signed in 2007.
Based on the Agreement, by the end of 2007, the coordinated controls have been made, as a priority, of all pollutants in the area of the Town of Sisak, determined in the Report on Air Quality of the Sisak-Moslavina County from November 2006.
The control was conducted over the following plants and facilities: JANAF – Sisak Terminal, Sisak Oil Refinery, TE (Thermal Power Plant) Sisak and Petrokemija (Petrochemical Industry) Kutina. Besides the above mentioned, the coordinated control was also conducted by several inspection services in the plants of Našicecement in Našice.
The report has been prepared on all controls conducted with the measures suggested for improvement of the condition of all environmental components.
The control was performed by:
- Environmental protection inspection of the Ministry of Environmental Protection, Physical Planning and Construction,
- Water inspection of the Ministry of Regional Development, Forestry and Water Management,
- Fire protection inspection of the Ministry of the Interior,
- Sanitary inspection of the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare,
- Occupational safety inspection of the State Inspector’s Office,
- Mining inspection of the State Inspector’s Office and
- Pressure vessels inspection of the State Inspector’s Office.